Ganguly breaks silence on sending show-cause notice to Kohli

Abhishek Singh

Abhishek Singh

Author| Jan 22, 8:48 AM

PC- Twitter
PC- Twitter

BCCI President Sourav Ganguly has broken his silence on the matter of him sending a showcase notice to former India skipper Virat Kohli. The matter pertains to Kohli in a press conference denying being discussed with, his removal from ODI captaincy. 

Earlier Ganguly in a chat with a private TV news channel had said that Kohli was on board with Rohit Sharma being appointed Team India's ODI captain along with him remaining the T20I captain. The T20I captaincy was relinquished by Kohli in 2021 as he had announced before the start of the T20 World Cup that this will be his last assignment in the shortest format as India captain.

It was after Kohli denied that he was spoken to before being removed from ODI captaincy and then Chetan Sharma, the head of the senior selection committee doing a press conference and said that BCCI will respond appropriately to Kohli‚Äôs denial that rumours of a show-cause notice being sent to the then India Test skipper started appearing in the media. 

Responding to a question from news agency ANI on whether it was true that he will be sending a show-cause notice to Virat, Ganguly said, "Not true."

Earlier this month, Kohli also stepped down from his position as India Test captain after a 2-1 loss against South Africa in a three-match series.

Share News On

Read Next

More News